Enforcement of Court Orders in Texas

Need help? Call on our Austin family lawyers!

While you may think that your legal complications are over once you have finalized your divorce or child support agreement, this is not always the case. It can be incredibly frustrating when a former spouse or parent to your child fails to follow a court order. When they act in a blatant and intentional manner, it may call for legal action. Before taking any steps, however, you need to retain an Austin family law attorney you can trust. Turn to Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC today!

Get started now by filling out a free case evaluation with information about your situation.

At our firm, we understand how exasperating it can be to try to encourage or force an ex-spouse or partner to follow a court order on your own. That is why you need to call on the legal advocates from our firm. We bring more than two centuries of experience to the table and know how to navigate these types of cases in an effective and efficient manner.

“Can the court enforce my order?”

In most family law matters, the court can enforce issues that were laid out in an official agreement. If you and your spouse came up with an agreement on your own, yet failed to get it approved by the court or make it official, it could be difficult to prove its validity in court. That is why having a knowledgeable attorney review these documents is so imperative.

In general, the court can be brought in to enforce:

An individual must be found in contempt, which means that they have shown a willful disobedience of the order as given by the court, for enforcement to be used. If they are not cooperative, a judge may use various methods to “enforce” the order, such as wage garnishment, jail time, fines, and other penalties. If the court order does not appear to be specific or clear enough, the court will work to clarify the order and may then give the individual an opportunity to obey the new clarifications. However, if they still fail to follow the order, enforcement can become necessary.

Whether your former spouse is withholding spousal maintenance payments or continues to violate a custody agreement, be sure to call on our Austin family lawyers for representation.


  • Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC Joe was attentive, concerned, and supportive!
  • Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC My experience with the legal services of Scott J. Milner, have been extremely positive.
  • Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC I recommend Scott Milner with the highest of recommendations.
  • Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC I would refer Mr. Milner to anyone seeking legal justice and superior representation.
  • Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC Jami's approach was to "do what's right for the kids" and we won!
  • Friday Milner Lambert Turner, PLLC Scott is dependable. I always felt that he sincerely cared about my case.
Prev Next

Contact Us Today!

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.
Put Us On Your Side